Friday, October 19, 2007

Dude get your own!

There is a commercial for the sony PSP. The guy with the PSP is on a plane and some obnoxious man is sitting next to him and is way into his game. At the end of the commercial the narrator says “Dude get your own!”.

So I was standing at a food cart in front of my school getting a Jamaican Beef Patty. (YUM). Some guy notices I am holding my pictures I presented for my Photo- Midterm. He says, “Are they your pictures?” I say. “Yes.” “Can I see?” he asks so I let him look at the pictures. Then he starts saying this. “I’m just checking your overall tone, and composition.” Blah, blah, blah. Seriously? Get this: he shows me his pictures that he does on Microsoft Picture it! Okay Uhhh…. So why is this guy trying to “school” me on my photography? His work was awful! God Awful. So after I had to made it clear to him to give me back my pictures all I can say is: dude get your own hobby!

So my point? Why are people no let me re-phrase that. Why are adults so ready to jump out of the clear blue and “school” people who are visibly younger than them? I had parents that did a great job at teaching me things, and now I’m in school learning from other adults. I don’t want your help weirdo cart guy! Sigh! And groan.

Also I have a job interview today. I’m excited hopefully I won’t have to in the suburbs any longer. I can work, learn and play in the city. I don’t know what in the world persuaded me to work out in the suburbs in the first place.

Oh well wish me luck!

<3 NewCitySlicker.

PS: When will is get cold? Oh climate change… how you make it hot for me.

1 comment:

FriendinME said...

hey, please do me/us(your readers) a favor...

how about posting some of your pictures in your blog. I for one would love see them... (please?)

fyi. There is a psychological reason that some people feel compelled to "jump out of the clear blue and “school” people". I do counseling, and I have happened to come upon them frequently in a counselor/client setting and in real life. The psychological reason is this: deep down inside, they are idiots.

;)

good luck on your job interview.