SEX. Yes that three letter word that is suddenly not such a big deal to people my age (18-35) and younger (13-17). I work with a 21 year old girl who is married. (gasp!) Yes married. I'm sure there is some of you out there that just scowled or frowned or thought something near the realm of: is she nuts? Even more "crazy" in the eyes of society is that she got married when she was 17 giving her a four year marriage which is longer than a lot of people these days. So why am even mentioning this? People frown upon my three year relationship with blue eyes. (From entry 1). Family and some friends think I should dump him and see what else is out there although I am happy. Why is it so "important" for people to sleep around in their youth? Why is this so acceptable? No seriously some one drop me an email with an answer. Why are people so ready to sleep with almost anyone, and why are people so ready to frown on young people in committed relationships? Isn't the committed relationship what all people want eventually? So why is everyone so pro- sex and so anti- monogamy? Is this the way all modern cities and its dwellers are becoming? Sex obsessed relationship hating slickers?
Okay internet world drop me answers PLEASE.
writergirl31@gmail.com
<3 TheNewCitySlicker
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I understand how you're feeling. I've been dating my boyfriend for over 2 years now. He's the only person I've ever had sex with. At first my mom kept telling me to "see what else is out there" but she gave up. There's only so many times someone can hear that. I understand that people in college usually date around and see other people, but I haven't met anyone in college that would even come close to the kind of relationship my bf and I have. I wouldn't listen to what family and friends say when it comes down to it. I always tell my mom that I'm happy and that's what it's important. I'm just turning 21 and he's turning 26 so some might think his age is pressuring me into a committed relationship but we're both very committed.
Btw I'm in school in CT but live in NJ so we're both in the crazy northeast lol.
I hope that helped a little and I enjoy reading your blog. I think we have a few things in common at least. :)
Post a Comment