Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Mayor talk

I’m late in posting so I apologize…

Philadelphia has a new mayor (elect). Michael Nutter. He seems to be an okay guy, black, democrat (of course this is Philadelphia) and best of all not Street. John Street has been Philadelphia’s Mayor for the past eight years or so. He has lead Philadelphia to become one of the most violent and uneducated as well as dirty cities in the United States. All while giving no bid contracts to his cronies and supporting a system of corruption in Philadelphia’s highest government offices for his time in office. That's John Street. Michael Nutter on the other hand although it remains to be seen what he will do is not so… “dirty” I’ll say.

I’m not jumping on any political band wagons but his promises to fire the school superintendent and chief of police is sure as hell on right track. We all (Philadelphia residents) know that Philadelphia is in a strange time. Caught in limbo between descending into a dark pit of violence and poverty and rising into the spot light of the east coast and its other major metropolises. So I’ve been saying it for years and now everyone is uttering it. “Philly needs a Giuliani.” Is this Nutter guy going to be IT? Because we have it all. Location, population, interest, schools, business, we just need leadership.

That's all.

http://www.nutter2007.com/




<3 NewCitySlicker

2 comments:

FriendinME said...

hey, I was in Philly this weekend. :) It is a strange thing. I haven't lived there for years... but I still felt right at home walking around Center City.

Philly is a great place, problems and all.

I was walking through JFK Plaza and saw the giant statue of Frank Rizzo (a former Philadelphia mayor). I was reminded by your "mayor" post that some things don't seem to change... like sketchy leadership in Philly.

Let's hope this new guy can get some good things done. Philadelphia deserves and needs good leadership.

btw... I had a Philly cheese steak at Ricks in the Reading Terminal market, and thought it was among the worst ones I ever had (and I have had lots. I used to buy one-a-day when I lived there.) I was so disappointed...

Toni said...

Just wanted to say thank you for your comment on my site. Keep an eye on it, it will be updated daily.

I really like your blog too..I feel the same way, why can't life be more simple? I think I should have lived in the horse and buggy days with my laptop, ipod and tv,lol.

How is your Mom?